Financial Reporting Accountant
My client, a US listed technology company based in the city with a turnover in excess of $1bn, is looking to recruit a Financial Reporting Accountant for their European headquarters. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone looking to work closely with external clients and take on a key technical position within the organisation.
- Provide consultation with clients on XBRL process, technology and use of the systems that guide the XBRL process on the more complex financial reporting projects.
- Review XBRL documents for accuracy, consistency and completeness of data tagging.
- Manage workflow, communications and timelines for assigned clients on multiple, concurrent projects.
- Create a customised taxonomy document using a client's recent filing with the SEC as well as the IFRS/US GAAP Taxonomy.
- Consult with clients to determine and confirm which financial statements map directly to the US GAAP/IFRS Taxonomy and which financial statements require customised extension elements to create the final XBRL document. Structure the XBRL taxonomy accordingly.
- Ensure on time delivery of final approved XBRL financial statements for client.
- Participate in client meetings to present and explain XBRL information.
- Apply knowledge of current SEC requirements for evolving XBRL compliance requirements and address client questions related to their specific compliance requirements.
- Solid understanding of and ability to interpret Financial Statements and understand IFRS accounting standards.
- Solid understanding of SEC reporting requirements.
- ACA, CPA or ACCA qualified or equivalent
- Full understanding of XBRL taxonomy and XBRL rules would be an advantage but not a requirement
- Fully proficient with Windows and the Office suite of products.
- Ability to solve somewhat more complex problems by analysing variables and applying appropriate solutions learned through experience and proficiency in understanding the job. Must be able to recognise anomalies and critical situations and respond appropriately.
- Ability to communicate and interact with a variety of internal/external customers and/or co-workers at level of detail required to resolve issues of moderate complexity
Broadstone Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business and all appointments will be made on merit alone.