Software Development Team Leader - £45k base
** Software Development Team Leader ** eCommerce sector ** growing company - great opportunity for a strong leader **
£40-45k, central Canterbury location.
This Canterbury based e-commerce company have an enviable client base and already deal with a number of blue chip clients including Ralph Lauren, O2, Mothercare, Dixons and Mulberry to name a few.
They are looking for a talented Development Team leader Scrum Master to play an active role in their expansion. The job requires someone with proven team leadership experience as an essential part of the day to day function.
To lead the software development and system administration team to ensure the development of high quality new features, products, and tools alongside a stable infrastructure.
To ensure the team reflects on and improves their Agile processes for continuous improvement, and helping bring in best practice approaches from the wider Agile world.
As an experienced Development Team Leader in an Agile environment, whilst being a highly technical and hands-on developer utilising Java/Python based technologies, you will manage a team of 10 developers and Devops; and work closely with the Project Managers / Product Owners, as well as liaise with key project stakeholders as required.
Being active and enthusiastic about hands-on Java & Python software development you will also have led dev. teams and delivered projects. You will be joining teams with highly skilled developers and the job requires a motivated individual who is experienced in taking responsibility and once established can autonomously make decisions in order to successfully deliver results.
- Leading the delivery of system development projects
- Contributing to the technical solution from design through to code level
- Line management and personal development of a team of highly skilled developers and DevOps
- Lead from the front to improve team practises, and help this self-managing team go further
- Ensure awareness, involvement and support from the key stakeholders and participants by building strong project teams
- Take responsibility for ensuring that risks and issues are identified and managed closely and drive all stakeholders to deliver on time and to the required quality standards
- Work closely with relevant teams both internally and externally to ensure alignment and coordination across operations as part of the seamless implementation of existing and new systems
- Strong presentation and communication skills that allow you to translate technical information effectively to non-technical audiences at a variety of organisational levels.
- Software Development
- Team Leader
- Software Developer Manager
- Management and leadership skills
- Jenkins / software release management
- Scrum master
Salary proposed: £ 40-45,000 per annum