Senior BD Executive IP, Tech & Data - International Law Firm
The Senior Business Executive will provide business development and project support to the global IP, Tech & Data Group within the Litigation Department of a leading international law firm. The successful candidate will enjoy a varied role and will be responsible for co-ordinating and implementing business development activities and supporting strategies across the firm for this group.
Main responsibilities include:
* Working closely with US and EMEA counterparts to develop an international approach to BD;
* Working on new pitch and proposal opportunities and delivering a first good working document to the partners;
* Identifying and pursuing opportunities to develop new and existing clients as well as proactively seeking out ways to cross sell into the wider business;
* Working with the Practice Group Leaders to update and execute strategic business plans;
* Collating information on clients and analysing and assessing market developments, including identifying and following through with emerging opportunities;
* Planning and executing events such as seminars, webinars and special client programs;
* Managing internal communications, co-ordinating departmental presentations, preparing achievement reports, drafting blog posts and generally helping the group to maintain its profile;
* Updating and preparing practice related materials;
* Co-ordinating legal directory submissions;
* Working with the EMEA PR team, and the U.S. PR team as needed, on practice group PR initiatives and profile-raising;
* Overseeing the group's social media accounts and blogs, including drafting and posting;
* Undertaking wider Business Development projects where needed, global panel reviews and assisting the Strategic Accounts Team where needed.
The ideal candidate must have significant experience in a fast-paced partnership environment in a similar role. You should have excellent oral and written communication skills, to include an excellent drafting and writing ability and a willingness to approach senior partners and lawyers with new concepts and ideas. The Senior BD Executive must also be a cheerful self-starter who can show initiative and get on with tasks without the need for significant supervision, adopting a proactive and solutions-based approach to delivering the needs of both internal and external clients, allied to an ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels, including partners and clients throughout different geographies and time zones.
Follow us on Twitter for the widest range of roles across the entire professional services sector - leightontaylorC