We have an opportunity with our client, a well-respected medical organisation, for a full time qualified Phlebotomist. This current vacancy is for a 12 month Maternity Cover contract. The usual shift pattern would be 8.5hour shifts, 7am - 7pm + overtime of 2 weekend shifts per month.
Reporting to the Patient Services Manager, you will have a good understanding of the phlebotomy role, first class communication skills and you will have excellent computer skills as there is some administration involved.
Duties will include:
- The collection of venous and capillary blood samples, body fluids and swabs from patients attending, in accordance with documented procedures.
- Participation in domiciliary visits and clinics as assigned by the Patient Services Manager or Team Leader.
- Preparation and despatch of kits, postal packs and other work within the stores section as assigned by the Patient Services Manager or Team Leader.
- To become familiar with the day to day organisation of the department as it affects your work. You should be aware of the functions of other members of staff in the department as they affect your work.
- To be fully familiar with the laboratory IT system and its appropriate utilisation in the discharge of your duties.
- To undertake such work as you are assigned in a careful and efficient way and in compliance with CPA guidelines.
- To communicate in a friendly, helpful and non-prejudicial manner in your dealings with staff, clients and/or customers.
You will be required to produce your relevant certificates to prove your skills.
If you feel that this is a suitable role for you then please apply today!
**Unfortunately due to the volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you have not heard back from us within three working days then please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion**