Business Improvement Manager
Excellent opportunity for a Facilities management professional from a business improvement, operations or bid management background to take the lead for best practice and bid support across my client's Facilities Management portfolio. Midlands based.
My client are a rapidly growing medium sized Facilities Management service provider with a real passion for delivering through and developing their people
- The Business Improvement Manager will be responsible for reviewing how my client currently delivers their facilities services to their clients with a view to making recommendations and implementing change across the portfolio. They will work closely with the operational managers within the contracts in order to ensure the teams are working at the forefront of best practice and delivering a best in class service to their clients.
- This person will also support the bid process in regards to current contracts and new business and will understand how to price work in order to provide a realistically costed best value solution to clients whilst ensuring the mobilisation process is both clear and coherently communicated to the client and internal stakeholders.
- They will ensure that all quality procedures including contract management plans, management reporting, contract development, budget and financial controls are ready and tested before 'go live'.
- Prepare costings for tender submissions.
- Able to produce an asset register from visual inspections.
- Negotiate and obtain costs from sub contractors for specialist works.
- Although predominantly M&E biased, this person will also be expected to contribute to Soft FM bids and tenders.
- This role is Midlands based (Birmingham, Notts, Leicester etc) and will involve National travel.
The successful Business Improvement Manager will evidence the following:
- Excellent communication skills: able to translate industry best practice into real world process and procedures and obtaining the buy in of the operations team to implement change
- Track record in operational FM delivery and bids/tenders
- Able to price up planned and reactive maintenance work with occasional project work
- Good computer skills particularly Word and Excel
- Good knowledge of building use and bench marking
In return for the above, my client is offering a salary of £45000 - £50000 + £5000 car allowance and mileage.