Senior Accountant EMEA
Reporting to the European Financial Controller the Senior Accountant EMEA is a key member of the European finance team.
My client is the market leader in providing audio visual guides to museums around the world.
- Prepare monthly financial reporting for the UK, Ireland and Netherlands commercial operations.
- Prepare comparative analysis of monthly gross profit against the budget, forecast and prior year, interpreting and explaining drivers of key variances.
- Finalise the financial statements of the UK, Ireland and Netherlands region and present the results to the Regional Manager and Finance Director.
- Compile selected monthly Balance Sheet account reconciliations for review by the EMEA Financial Controller and or Finance Director.
- Own the fixed and intangible asset process from acquisition to disposal, maintaining a detailed asset register and depreciation schedule.
- Prepare the necessary payroll reconciliations and journals for processing on review and approval.
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns for review and submittal on approval.
- Provide monthly reporting within dictated timelines.
- Provide accurate and complete information.
- Build relationships with Account and Sales Managers in order to effectively gather information required for financial reporting.
- Facilitate an organisation of continuous process improvement.
- Proactively monitor and strive to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the organisation's efforts.
- Build peer support and strong internal-company relationships with the leaders and other key management personnel.
- Provide support to the Financial Planning and Analysis team in compiling periodic forward-looking financial reporting forecasts.
- Assist in the yearly audit process.
- Assist EMEA Financial Controller and Finance Director in the development of the annual financial and capital plans in conjunction with Account and Sales Managers.
- Other ad-hoc duties as required by the EMEA Financial Controller and or Finance Director.
- Also works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the organisation. Processes new supplier requests in Great Plains or Concur.
Skills, Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience of working in a similar role
- Part-Qualified CIMA
- EMEA exposure in accounting
- Comfortable and able to split time working remotely from home and at the company's offices in London
- Previous knowledge of Great Plains highly desirable
Between £40,000 - £50,000 + benefits