Accounts Payable Supervisor
Accounts Payable Supervisor to manage rapidly growing team in Bath.
Our rapidly expanding client in central Bath now has a purchase ledger team of 15 people.
Senior role within the purchase ledger function, supporting the Purchase Ledger Manager and Financial Controller in ensuring the smooth running of the team and delivering a tidy purchase ledger as well as supporting Reconciliations team when required
- Managing resources within the team, working on task prioritisation during peak periods and monitoring the team's workloads to ensure the teams tasks are completed on time.
- Organising and monitoring the team to ensure we hit our SLA's:
- Responsible for training, maintaining standards and process compliance within the team; ensuring they are responding promptly and resolving problems fully
- Escalating issues to the Purchase Ledger Manager in a timely manner
- Working with PL Management ensure the purchase ledgers are tidy at all times
- All payments and refunds matched to invoices and credit notes in the month. All payments and refunds allocated to the right supplier account in the month
- All monthly and quarterly supplier account tidy up completed to the tidy up schedule unless otherwise agreed with the Financial Controller. PL reviewed monthly for accounts to be added or removed from the tidy up schedule.
- Ensuring the invoices are posted to allow the purchase ledger team complete Centaur Statement reconciliations monthly by end WD2, with no missing invoices or credit notes by end WD4, and completing for all other companies by WD5. All invoices, credit notes and payments in OA not on statement or different to statement followed up with supplier within 24hrs.
- Post month end review of statement recs to ensure actions captured are completed
- Working with the PL Manager to ensure that all top 20 suppliers provide statements in time for WD5 to enable the PL team to complete their statement reconciliations
- Identifying errors & investigating underlying reasons for them and implementing process change or additional staff training as required
- System expert for the purchase ledger function including system maintenance
- Working with the PL Manager on documenting the purchase ledger process
- Receiving, coding, posting of purchase invoices with a high degree of accuracy, minimising errors
- Ensuring the team are meeting high daily processing targets, completing daily tasks, allocating set time to tidy up and setting up new suppliers onto the finance system
- Ensuring all invoices over 48 hours are placed in the urgent trays first thing every morning
- Maintaining the daily & monthly processing invoice count spreadsheets for the Purchase Ledger Manager to help them calculate future resource
- Ensuring remittance advices are sent to suppliers
- Ensuring the team can cover Reception duties in the absence of the Receptionist
- Notifying IT once a Hive up is completed to divert AP1 email addresses of the related surgeries to AP6
- Owning the EDI upload process. This includes maintaining the file actioner and task scheduler to make sure EDI files go through every morning, flagging this to IT if they fall over. If EDI files ensure the problem is resolved and the file reprocessed.
- Processing and owning the EDI upload process for Global Payments, and seeing where possible this can be implemented to suppliers that require multiple lines that are manually coded.
- Ensuring that as new surgeries join the group the relevant EDI suppliers are notified the same day to update their system, particularly Centaur.
- Any other tasks as directed
- AAT Qualified (or similar)
- In depth working knowledge of the purchase ledger function
- Proven success leading a team
- Strong management and staff development skill set
- Able to work to a high degree of accuracy
- Confident of dealing with a high volume workload
- Clear and confident communication skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent IT skills (Including Microsoft Excel V look ups & pivot tables)
- Flexible approach to work
- A strong team ethic
- Basic Salary: £24-26k
- Strong benefits package, including study support and 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Free parking on site