A leading telecommunications company providing international calling solutions based in Central London are looking to recruit for a CFO to join the accounts team.
Telecoms business specialising in international calling solutions for nearly 20 years. Currently selling products in over multiple countries in Europe the products are used to call over 1,000 destinations in over 240 countries around the world and as a business they have long established relationships with some of the leading carriers in the industry. The company has its headquarters in London, with an international presence in Europe and the Far East.
Seeking a CFO to manage the Finance across the group of companies. This role will be managing the Finance team across the both in the UK (London) and abroad, reporting directly to the Shareholders and working with the business heads to set and closely manage the budgets across the group. The main responsibilities of the role will include but not be limited to:
* Preparing the budgets and financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, tax returns and reports for regulatory agencies. Ensuring timely data is provided to the Shareholders to enable them to make decisions on the business strategy.
* Contributing to the achievement of the company objectives by providing advice and guidance on financial strategy.
* Responsibility for all accounting procedures and systems used by the Company, ensuring the most efficient processes for the Company are in place.
* Keeping the Board of Directors up to date on Financial Performance and providing direction based on this.
* Financial planning across the group based on the forecasts and actual, providing monthly updates on this to the Shareholders.
* Working with the Shareholders to assess the long term financial trends and review prospects for future growth of income and new product areas.
* Ensuring the Group of Companies meet their financial and legal responsibilities.
* Participate in developing new business, specifically: assisting the Shareholders in identifying new opportunities, putting together the prospective budgets and forecasts, and determining cost effectiveness of prospective opportunities.
* Managing all Company expenditure.
* Developing and maintaining systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organisation. Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors ensuring all audit issues are resolved, and all compliance issues are met, and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with U.K. GAAP and other required supplementary schedules and information.
* Some review of supplier contracts in conjunction with external legal support where necessary
* Oversight and participation in daily cash planning meetings
Successful candidate MUST have the following experience in order to be considered for the role:
* Qualified Accountant CIMA, ACA or ACCA
* Experience of working for a Group of companies with consolidation experience
* Experience of working in a multi currency environment
* It would extremely advantageous if candidates have had recent experience of working in a Telecoms or Technology business
In addition candidates will be able demonstrate
* Understanding of working for a growing, entrepreneurial organisation
* Comfortable managing cash flow
* Willingness to take responsibility for the Group Financial operation
* Experience of using SAGE and excellent excel and analytical skills
* Excellent communications skills, i.e. oral, written and listening skills coupled with a strong technique to hold meaningful discussions at a variety of levels across an organisation
* A hands-on business leader with the proven ability to build and lead teams to success.
Personal characteristics should include
* Strategic thinker with the ability to think through solutions;
* Professionalism and integrity to demonstrate a positive image of the company;
* Goal oriented, solution focused, results driven, reliable and capable;
* A structured and organised approach to work with, the ability to manage own and team’s workload and meet deadlines;
* A passion for playing a key role in growing successful companies
* Relish the variety of working on everything from very major strategic matters to straightforward day-to-day operations;
Whats on Offer
A highly competitive salary is on offer for the right candidate as well as a full range of benefits expected for a role at this level.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
Accountancy Action Ltd is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy.