Legal Support Assistant
My valued client is a leading regional law firm. They have 7 offices, and are amongst the UK's top 100 law firms, they are expanding on a great scale, which is in line with their projections for 2017 - 2018.
This role is based in their Plymouth offices which is easy accessible by public transport.
This role will include delivering high quality administrative/ support services to the team on a daily basis.
Your daily and weekly duties will include:-
- Organising travel and meetings
- Finance and Risk Management
- Assisting the partners and fee earners with managing monthly billing procedures, cash collection and credit control processes
- Supporting the production of team performance reporting
- File management to ensure compliance with company practices and procedures to include, for example, Lexcel, Code of Conduct, and anti-Money Laundering
- Producing/amending letters/documents.
- File opening and accompanying maintenance procedures alongside the central file opening function; to include production of terms of business letters, confirmation of instruction letters, ID checks and the entering of entities and capacities on each new client/matter file
- Management of diaries
- Filing and photocopying for Manager in the unit to which you have been assigned
- Assist with the development and maintenance of filing and administrative systems
- Filing and collation of medical records
- May be required to support other units on occasions
- File closing to include all file closing activities Routine client telephone enquiries, managing and taking calls on behalf of the lawyers
And be responsible for administrative business development tasks for the team as agreed from time to time
Attributes we are looking for to enable you to fulfil this role include:-
- A positive and practical approach
- Ability to support fee earners through proactive interaction and understanding of their support needs
- Confident prioritisation skills to complete assigned tasks as required
- Attention to detail
- Excellent telephone manner, with strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team both with Support Unit members and the wider team, contributing effectively in team meetings
- Ability to understand and interpret complex tasks
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to interact with clients up to the delegated level of authority, building positive relationships and establishing yourself as a key member of the team
- Excellent organisational skills to enable proactive working
- Excellent IT skills across the MS suite of programmes along with a willingness to learn new computer packages
- Prepared to undertake training deemed necessary by the Firm to meet the needs of the business and be flexible in approach.
- Ideally you will come from a Medical/Legal or Clinical background, although this is not essential to this role.
On offer for this role are:-
- A great salary (Up to £23,000 PA)
- A Monday to Friday working week (09.00 - 17.15)
- Five weeks' annual leave (with the additional flexible option to buy/sell up to a week on an annual basis)
- Additional discretionary one day as an 'office shut down’ day annually at Christmas time.
- Lifestyle Hour - a discretionary benefit to provide a fully flexible time slot for employees to take an additional hour away from work on a weekly basis in order to balance their personal lifestyle needs and their workload
- Life Assurance (after probation)
- Contributory pension scheme with variable contribution options and the opportunity to salary exchange, which is a great way to boost both your pension and your take home salary through dealing with your NI contributions more efficiently
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare voucher scheme (saving tax and NI through salary exchange)
- Cycle to work scheme (saving tax and NI through salary exchange - available after successful completion of probation period)
- Enhanced and bespoke maternity, paternity & adoption arrangements
- Staff conveyancing scheme - limited to two transactions per year and available to staff after completion of 12 months service
- Discounted shopping via the Company Reward Gateway
Who wouldn’t want all this? Press APPLY now to change your career with an employer who really does understand. Once you have pressed apply you will receive a call from one of our dedicated consultants. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please be aware that we are currently receiving a high volume of applications and will endeavor to contact all applicants, however if you have not been contacted within 72 hrs please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion and your CV will be kept on record for future positions.
This vacancy is being advertised by Contempo Recruitment. The services are those of an Employment Agency.