The Role: General Manager New Opening Fast / Casual Branded Restaurant
Package: 30,000 - 35,000 d.o.e. + bonus and additional benefits
Ellis Mack Recruitment is working with an independent, expanding Restaurant Operator looking to recruit a General Manager for its first opening in Edinburgh late 2017.
This is a new opening GM which in line with expansion plans should lead directly into a multi-site role. Requiring a talented, hands-on and commercially focused GM with strong organisational and Management disciplines.
The organisation is growing and expanding and our client is looking for candidates who exhibit agile and entrepreneurial behaviours and can support with the brand development as well as central administrative, financial and reporting processes to further develop the portfolio.
- Business development Sales Marketing, offer development. Generating and updating digital content for all relevant channels and platforms.
- Forecasting budgetary responsibilities for Area. Financial reporting and auditing the P+L for units
- Working with site management and their teams to drive sales and contribution.
- Food Production consistent and high quality delivery of the offer across all trading periods and to specification.
- HR responsibilities including recruitment, training and development of senior staff.
- Auditing standards across every aspect of Ops from Stocks to delivery of front of house offer.
- Develop systems and processes across all areas of the business to drive efficiencies and sales opportunities.
- Operational, hands on role within the Restaurants and Bars each week
- Controllable cost management supplier sourcing and negotiation and escalate by way of effective controls to site management.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an experienced Manager from premium Bars Restaurants.
- Possess a passion and knowledge for food and drink.
- Have experience developing successful Sales Marketing strategies
- Be commercially astute and a strong negotiator
- Be driven and focussed on first class standards across every aspect of the operation.
- Have shown loyalty and longevity throughout their career.
- Be a strong administrator and have excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Be able to spin many plates without dropping any (metaphorically obviously)
Career development opportunities and personal development within this organisation add to the attractiveness of this opportunity.
All the companys portfolio of businesses are quality operations with plenty of character
To apply for this role please email your CV to
Ellis Mack Recruitment is operating as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.