A leading Ophthalmic clinic based in Harley Street are looking to recruit a 'Ophthalmic Technician'.
The role is paying £25K.
You MUST have experience of working as an 'Ophthalmic Technician'.
Key Responsibilities -
?Working within the clinical team to ensure effective and efficient management of the surgical day, the technician also undertakes the role of surgical scrub assistant during treatments. The technician is expected to actively lead the team in promoting excellent infection control principals and standards of professional conduct.
- ensuring that all patients proceeding to surgery have signed and had witnessed their operation consent form and the patient file is complete ? ensuring that patient confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- ensure that patient care is appropriate and individual requests are accommodated as far as is reasonable and safe.
- ensuring that patients are comfortable throughout process and patient wishes and well-being are central to the care delivered.
- ensure that patients are discharged from surgery with the appropriate prescribed medication and advice, including emergency contact numbers and follow up care has been arranged.
- assisting with mailing out patient information packs and medication
- making up spectacles
- performing pre and post-operative lensometry, auto-refraction, topography, wavefront, IOPs, snellen and jaeger vision and pupilometry
- monitoring and reporting on faulty clinical equipment and/or accessories daily cleaning of optometry testing equipment in consulting rooms
- daily and monthly cleaning of laser suite
- monitoring and maintaining appropriate stock levels for operating theatre
The post holder should have a RGN or ODA qualification. An administrative or secretarial qualification would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience of working in busy clinical environment
- Experience of scrubbing in and assisting with various operating theatre procedures
- Experience of working in a team and supporting colleagues
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading clinic with excellent career prospects and generous staff benefits.
PLEASE APPLY NOW!