Legal PA- Corporate
Corporate PA for a prestigious London Law firm, must have 3-5 years law firm experience ideally in Corporate.
You will support 2 Partners, and 3 Fee-Earners.
• To provide all aspects of general administrative support including, but not limited to, diary management, travel planning, expenses, maintenance of calendars and contact lists, management of client files and folders, filing, photocopying, arranging couriers and updating contacts on Interaction
• Proactive and advance monitoring of fee earner diaries, reminding fee earners of diary commitments and taking responsibility for ensuring that they have all supporting paperwork and information for each meeting or appointment
• Plan, coordinate, schedule internal/external meetings and conference calls (UK and overseas)
• Dealing with telephone enquiries, managing client enquiries/requests for meetings and taking accurate messages and passing them on promptly or trying to assist and responding on behalf of the fee-earner, if appropriate
• Overseeing and prioritising incoming email, post and voicemail when fee earners are out of the office, acknowledging receipt and responding on behalf of the fee-earner, if appropriate
• Dealing with all internal and external clients in a timely, professional and courteous manner
• Prepare and type, proofread and amend documents, either from dictation, general instruction or by personal drafting. Documents will include letters, reports, attendance notes, memos, faxes, and emails, ensuring that all copies (electronic and paper) are retained and filed accurately
• Preparing presentation slides and materials for internal/external meetings and seminars in the Firm's house style
• Create files and manage the filing system for fee earners (paper and electronic) by ensuring all relevant documents are sorted and accurately filed regularly. When required, the management of closed files, ensuring, these are effectively archived.
• Maintain extensive and complicated billing records, prepare billing guides and assist with the monthly billing process, liaise with credit control regarding outstanding / unpaid bills. Also maintain and update Client Matters and numerous spreadsheets.
• Opening and closing of files including completing conflict checks, preparation of client engagement letters, collating all the relevant information required and updating client files regularly
• Checking accounts system for monies on account and whether bills have been paid
• Liaising with support departments to resolve problems on fee-earner's behalf, taking ownership of the issue and following up where appropriate
• Proactively managing all tasks related to administrative support using initiative and common sense ensuring a responsive stance on all matters
• Aid other Partners and fee earners during the absence of other secretaries in the team, as and when required