DS Smith is seeking an experienced Accountant that can join a busy department and support our Recycling operation from the existing finance team based at the Shared Service Centre.
Reporting to a Finance Manager, you will be expected to fulfil the day-to-day running of the various Finance processes while supporting the migration of activity from operational location to the Shared Service Centre. The activities will include, but are not limited to, the management of the general ledger accounts, the preparation and submission of financial statements and reporting schedules for monthly and annual deadlines on a group and divisional level.
Liaising across the business to resolve queries and reconciling items, you will also act as point of contact for your partnered business sites across UK.
What we would like our candidate to have…
• Fully/Part-Qualified accountant, either CIMA or ACCA (Qualified by experience considered)
• Ideally educated to degree level
• Knowledge and experience of finance systems, including understanding of end-to-end finance processes
• Manufacturing background
• Experience of management and financial reporting
• Exposure to Hyperion/HFM consolidation/reporting a bonus
• Experience of working in a busy environment, providing accounting/reporting services to tight deadlines
• Worked independently to prepare monthly reports and analysis
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficient in the use of IT including Microsoft Office software
• Hold a full UK Driving License
• Experience of working in a Shared Service Centre environment
DS Smith: DS Smith Plc. is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 250 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4 billion.
The organisation employs over 26,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
Salary & benefits:
• Up to 5% bonus
• Contributory pension
• Annual cycle to work scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• In line with the DS Smith commitment to the 'Healthy Hearts’ campaign we have a range of breakfast cereals available everyday along with a selection of fresh fruit