Private Client Tax Senior - Top 20 Firm
AJ Chambers Tax Specialists have recently taken instruction from a Top 20 Firm who are looking to add a Private Client Tax Senior to their team based in their North London office. This is a compliance focused role with good prospects for career progression, with the client supporting CTA study for the right candidate.
This is a heavily compliance biased role sitting within the firm’s Personal Tax Team, although the opportunity for involvement in advisory work will arise.
This is an exciting opportunity for a confident private client specialist with strong communication skills who is looking for a role with strong client contact.
Responsibilities will include;
- Requesting tax information from clients, working through this information and assessing the tax impact of it
- Reviewing information received, delegating more straightforward compliance/ accounts preparation work
- Reviewing returns produced by junior staff and dealing with any errors/ issues
- Preparing more complex tax returns using tax software
- Preparing client correspondence detailing liabilities and tax saving opportunities
- Sending correspondence/ tax return to client for sign off, logging information sent and submitting to HMRC
- Liaising with HMRC on clients’ behalf
- Assisting with client billing
- Coaching junior staff
- Attending client meetings
- Identifying tax planning opportunities
- Assist on tax consultancy/ advisory work, research projects and HMRC enquiries.
- ATT qualified. Strong QBEs also considered
- 2-3 years’ practical personal tax experience
- Demonstrable technical experience relating to private client tax
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Confident communicating with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to plan and prioritise
- Positive and committed to producing high quality work
A generous remuneration package is being offered, including support for CTA study if desired.
For further information on this Private Client Tax Senior role, please apply directly or contact Nicholas Peer at AJ Chambers.