Global Buyer Ingredients
The chance to join the best-in-class procurement function of one of the biggest global players in the food manufacturing industry has arisen and I'm working with a long-term client to find their next Global Ingredients/Commodity Buyer. Responsibility covers multiple sub-categories from edible oils to sweeteners, and extensive experience in Food FMCG where you are purchasing from volatile commodity markets will ensure you excel in this role.
You will directly contribute to the development and execution of the global strategy for the Commodity team, and lead the contract and supplier management of all categories across your remit. You will also support the transformation of the wider business and champion procurement to senior stakeholders across the business.
Core responsibilities of this role
- Contribute to the development of category strategies, delivering on cost, quality, delivery, innovation and category risks
- Support management of category spend c£150m and 60+ Suppliers, responsibility for 15-20 strategic suppliers
- Implement cost savings synergies across UK and European businesses
Essential Skills & Experience to be considered
- min 5 years' relevant procurement experience in FMCG and across multiple geographies
- Category experience ideally in Edible Oils, plus ingredients and/or commodities
- Graduate qualification (ideally Master Degree educated)
- Strategy to Execution experience essential to establish credibility with internal and external stakeholders
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.