Infrastructure and Networks Manager
Our client based in Lewes, Sussex is currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure and Networks Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
The ideal candidate will have managed a large team championing a 'one team’ feel. You will have a good technical background and a strong technical knowledge of networks, servers and storage so that you are able to monitor work force performance.
You must be flexible to travel to various sites on a weekly basis as teams are split between different locations.
*** As part of this role you will be required to go through an extensive background check including a CRB and credit check ***
- Manage a large team of multi skilled technical personnel, including team leaders to ensure service delivery and to implement a centre of excellence
- Manage core competencies within the business covering networks, servers, storage and infrastructure.
- To motivate the team and be present in the office to support individuals. Including 1 to 1’s, appraisals and learning and development structures
- Gain team trust and sit with team members to discuss / be open and responsive to new ideas
- Standardise and streamline working processes across technical teams
- Liaise with the business to understand how the IT function can support the rest of the business and promote what the technical teams can do for them
- Assess and improve the IT strategy by contributing to strategic roadmaps and drive the IT strategy forward
- Technical resource planning with project teams
Key Skills & experience:
- A strong technical background covering networks, servers, storage and infrastructure is essential. Ideal technologies are (not limited to):
- Windows Server 2008 - 2016
- Storage solutions (ideally SAN Storage)
- Cloud experience would be advantageous
- Active Directory
- Cisco firewalls
- Cisco switches & routers
- Proven track record and excellent leadership skills including managing a large team of all technical levels and seniority is essential
- Proven track record of bringing teams together to work to streamlined processes
- ITIL experience would be advantageous
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fantastic organisation. To discuss your suitability for this role further, please contact Georgia Harris at Clearwater People Solutions or simply apply as directed.
Please note: If you have not been contacted regarding your submission within 2 weeks your application has been unsuccessful for this role only.
Keywords: Network / Networks / Infrastructure / Storage / Manager / Technical Manager / Sussex / Surrey / Lewes / Brighton / Eastbourne / Burgess Hill / Horsham / Crawley / Gatwick