Market and Data Analyst
Passionate about market dynamics?
Brilliant at quantitative analysis? Excel wizard?
BRG Enterprise Solutions is a specialist market research consultancy dedicated to serving the global building products and chemical industries, with offices in London, New Jersey, Beijing and New Delhi. Our clients include most major manufacturers in the sectors we cover, private equity and strategic consulting companies, as well as public bodies.
Our offering includes both multi-client market monitoring and forecasting services, developed around our proprietary database platforms, and single-client advisory services.
We have an immediate vacancy for a Market Analyst at our London office (Ealing) in our Modelling and Forecasting unit. Working closely with our project managers and with the international team of country analysts, you will be responsible for all aspects of our data quality process. The emphasis is on data completeness, consistency, timeliness and accuracy.
The role will require a combination of Excel skills and business understanding, and will include engagement in the following areas:
- Ensure a smooth flow of data from the research team and into our client database
- Data checks, research of data anomalies and development of audit reports
- Maintenance and upgrade of existing analytical tools
- Development of new tools and processes to improve data quality and integrity
- Discussion of modelling assumptions and outputs with individual market analysts, and development of recommendations for the improvement of data quality.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in a business, economics, engineering or science discipline, with a sound foundation in quantitative and logical concepts
- A minimum of 1-2 year(s) experience in a research/analysis function, in any business sector. You should be able to demonstrate:
o Strong numerical skills and the capacity to interpret data
o Good working knowledge of Excel and possibly database software. Basic programming skills (Macros/VBA) would be a bonus
o Some experience in forecasting and modelling techniques
- The capacity to work both independently and within a team in a highly organised manner with excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in any foreign language preferred but not essential.
We need to see from your application that you are actually interested in exactly this position, so please make sure that your CV/cover letter shows this. You do not need any previous experience in the building or chemicals sector, but we do need to feel that you can develop genuine interest in the area. Please note that this is not a financial analyst position.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, and your skills satisfy the criteria listed above, please apply.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.