Automation Process Control Engineer
Staffline are recruiting for an Automation Process Control Engineer to work with our client within the Healthcare sector, based in Thetford.
Reporting to the Automation and Process Control Technical Lead, this Engineer will work on a wide range of projects spanning process, automation, facilities and utilities. They will work on PLC and Microprocessor controlled system both from a design/specification aspect on new projects to process improvement/re-engineering of existing systems. They will work on self-managed projects as well as being a key technical representative on large engineering project teams.
The Engineer will be responsible for supporting technical specification, capital and schedule management. They will be resourceful and will identify and implement value improvement opportunities and will be a key technical resource in a high volume, highly regulated, healthcare operation.
- Manage system automation and control projects to the highest standards of capital management, schedule compliance and system handover criteria.
- Provide technical expertise on key engineering projects
- Develop technical specifications in the area of instrumentation and control
- Take active role in key process improvement projects.
- Support maintenance in resolution of control and instrumentation issues where necessary
- Expand the knowledge base of craft by identifying training needs and both directly and indirectly provide this training.
Qualifications Required :
- Degree in electrical, electronic or control systems engineering or equivalent.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in a similar field
Skills / Experience:
- High degree of competency in PLC operation and philosophy, hardware and Software
- Experience with Schematics Wiring and Circuitry
- Experience with Automation, robotics and Servo Loop controls
- Experience in the area of SCADA, Process Control Systems, HMI & Distributed Control
- Working knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Experience of working in a validated environment, with validation document generation experience
- Competency in IT hardware troubleshooting and repair
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team Oriented
- Results Driven
- Able to work in a high volume manufacturing setting with limited direct supervision
The successful candidate will need to be flexible as they will be working rotating shifts.
The salary for this role will be circa £45,000 per annum.
If you think that you would be a good fit for this role then please apply now.