Assistant Finance Manager
A new exciting opportunity for an Assistant Finance Manager to join the team in Folkestone. You will join on a full time,permanent basis and will receive a salary of £40,000 - £45,000 per annum.
Our client is the UK’s leading provider of insurance, travel, personal finance and healthcare products and services tailored to the needs of the over 50s.
They have become one of the UK’s most trusted businesses by providing customers with excellent products and high-quality customer service for 65 years. They have successfully used their reputation and the brand’s strength to broaden their product offering and expand into new areas where they know their approach to quality and service will succeed.
About theAssistant Finance Manager role
You will be project based initially, supporting the delivery of an upcoming key function with the Services Finance processes. The programme of change will include developing and adapting their insurance platform, including shaping the BillingCenter and PolicyCenter solutions for future use within the business. This work stream will then evolve into a further phase of the programme to review, integrate and deliver end-to-end finance incorporation with the solution.
Your role will later form a central role within the Financial Control team in maintaining and developing the Finance and billing elements of the solution including BACs, DataCash, Bottomline e-Pay, bordereaux and other such supporting Financial Control systems. The role will also be a first point of contact for the group of users across the wider Finance Department, to provide technical support on the use of the program and other Financial systems and to help troubleshoot problems.
Key responsibilities as the Assistant Finance Manager
- Developing the insurance platform from a Financial Control perspective
- Managing the Financial Control change process including scoping, planning, designing and implementing the integration of the program within the Financial Control BAU activities
- Maintaining and developing the Finance elements of the system on an ongoing basis, post implementation
- Ensuring adherence to industry and internal compliance and regulatory requirements
- Contribute to aspects of the balance sheet control and reconciliations delivered in line with brand requirements
- Be the financial lead in the integration of system developments with the financial systems including DREAM – General Ledger, Accounts Payable
- Lead and manage the systems data reconciliation ensuring integrity of data and accounting processes
- Act as a key point of contact with the Internal and External Auditors in relation to the audit and review of the accounting and policy administration systems and the development thereof
Experience and skills required of the Assistant Finance Manager
- Demonstrable competence of working at an Assistant Finance Manager level, particularly in a project management capacity, within a Finance environment and experience of financial and insurance systems implementation
- Graduate level or equivalent
- Good technical accounting skills desirable
- Would ideally have experience in a sizeable (1000+ employees) organisation, ideally a plc
- Able to demonstrate significant competence in the use of financial systems packages (payment tools, banking, BACs, insurance systems) and advanced knowledge of Excel (knowledge of macros and VBA programming is not required)
- Excellent personal effectiveness and time management skills, such as task and diary management, work and project planning, file and record keeping
- Fully qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA Accountant with some PQE
- Formal IT qualifications are not a necessity, but evidence of formal training on Finance / insurance software packages would be advantageous
Having spent their first 30 years focused on travel, our client developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Since then, they have expanded their travel offering to include Titan escorted tours in the late 2000s and more recently Destinology, which specialises in four and five-star holidays. The strength of the brand provides the Group with the potential to expand into other business areas as opportunities present themselves and customer needs change.
So if you would like to join the team as the new Assistant Finance Manager then please click ‘apply’ today, don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity!