Meat Sales Executive
Role: Field Meat Sales Executive
£30,000 per year salary + bonus + car mileage
Full Time Position - 45 hours per week.
To facilitate the growth of business,our client is looking for an experienced Meat Sales Executive to join their team.
This role will focus on generating new business selling excellent quality meats to foodservice providers within a designated territory whilst enhancing existing accounts for a rapidly growing business.
The role can either be a home based role or field based role, focussing on the Greater London area for new business. The ideal candidate does not have to be living in London.
- Prospecting for new business
- Establish professional relationships with customers
- Procuring and selling products, and liaison with with existing and prospective customers via telephone/fax and email and visits.
- Provide timely, accurate and competitive pricing quotes to prospective customers
- To continually expand personal knowledge of the butchery trade and all butchery products
- Demonstration of strong territory and time management skills to keep abreast of competitors and their activities.
- Maintain regular contact with existing customers to ensure maximum sales
- Dealing with customer queries and complaints as they arise in a professional manner
You will need to have :
- Good communication skills and be able to communicate effectively with both existing and prospective customers and suppliers.
- Proven experience in working in a meat environment.
- Proven experience of selling food products (ideally meat).
- Proven track record in new business development.
- A clear history of working for a meat or foodservice business ideally in Sales.
- Must be IT literate, have good keyboard skills and be able to input data into internal systems.
As well as the above:
- You need to be self-motivated, organised and enjoy both winning and retaining business with a drive to succeed consistency in achievement of agreed targets.
- Must be able to develop good working relationships with both customers and colleagues.
- Have the ability to liaise with colleagues to schedule deliveries using own refrigerated vehicles.
- Additionally, you will have great networking skills which focus on developing strong, long term relationships and partnerships with all clients.
- Part of the duties will include physical selection of customers' orders as well as assisting with the supervision of unloading/loading operations.
- Duties will also include helping around the depot in busy periods when neccessary.
In return for meeting the above criteria the successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitve basic salary, plus bonuses.
The right candidate will need to have at least 5 years Meat Sales background.
Backgrounds to be considered: Field Sales Executive, Field Sales Manager, Field Sales Representative, Area Sales Executive, Area Sales Manager, Area Sales Representative, Territory Sales Executive, Territory Sales Manager, Business Development Executive, Business Development Manager, Sales Manager, Sales Representative.
Keywords: FMCG, Food, Foodservice, Accounts, Sales, Commercial, Account Management, New Business, Meat, Butchery, Area Sales, Field Sales, Territory Sales