Employment and Immigration Lawyer
My client, a leading private practice law firm, is looking for a lawyer to join its team in London to work on contentious and non-contentious employment matters and some business immigration work for a range of clients from global financial institutions to owner managed businesses
Knowledge, skills and experience required
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- A mixture of contentious and non-contentious employment experience with the ability to deliver day-to-day employment advice on all employment issues, employment litigation and the employment aspects of corporate and project support work
- Ideally have some experience of immigration issues, or at least an appetite to learn and to develop that expertise alongside core employment expertise
- Experience of working on cross-border employment issues
- Sound technical understanding of the law
- Good drafting and communication skills
- Demonstrate a commercial and common sense approach to issues
- Be keen to develop your marketing and business development skills as well as being involved in seminars, training, tenders and other similar marketing activities
- The ability to work to deadlines within a challenging environment and to work as part of a team, be confident, personable and self-motivated
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent academic achievement with a minimum 2:1 degree or equivalent
- Between one and three years of post-qualification experience
- Experience of Employment law gained within a comparable environment and at an appropriate level
Please contact Luke Williams, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are the Legal Recruitment experts and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. You can therefore apply for our London based legal jobs with confidence, we are a regulated employment agency and will discuss this role with you and seek your approval before submitting your application directly to the decision maker.
Please see our website www.douglas-scott.co.uk for more legal jobs in the London area.