QHSE & CI Manager
Role: QHSE & CI Manager
Location: Great Yarmouth,Norfolk
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
My client is a market-leading manufacturer and supplier of environmental protection and safety products for fluid transfer operations within the Oil and Gas industry. Their world class products have become an industry standard with a reputation for quality and reliability. These are exciting times and they are now looking to recruit a talented QHSE & CI Manager to join their team.
- This role reports to the Head of Operations with QMS reporting responsibilities to Managing Director also.
- The following job titles report to the QHSE & CI Manager - Quality Engineer.
Great Yarmouth; there will be a requirement for UK (within the Group) and foreign travel from time to time to visit existing and future potential suppliers / customers.
Major functional relationships:
- Head of Operations
- Purchasing Manager.
- Managing Director
- Engineering design & development services
- Sales functions
- HR / Accounts
- Shop floor supervision
Principal purpose or objective of the job
To actively manage the QHS&E systems on a daily basis to meet the goals of the company and lead the Continuous Improvement (Lean) process within the company.
Key tasks/key result area statements (KRAs)
- Maintain certification of ISO 9001, 14001 management systems. Provide group support / lead on ISO matters.
- Oversee Management of the H&S system and provide a Group lead on H&S matters
- Coach and support teams within the business, investigate, analyse and implement improved processes (shop floor and office) through using CI, Lean and 5S Tools
- Work with departmental managers to prepare business processes for the introduction of a new ERP system and to implement the Quality management aspects of the new ERP.
- Own and actively manage customer complaints procedure, HS&E incident investigations, and NCR investigations.
- To undertake any reasonable task required of the individual, given sufficient training and instruction.
- Experienced in working in a manufacturing environment, oil and gas preferable but not essential.
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety,
- Trained to Six Sigma Green Belt level and/or Demonstrable application of Lean Manufacturing Techniques.
- Experience in implementing ERP systems an advantage.
This role is ideal for someone looking to develop and progress their career with a company well placed to take advantage of its position in the market. If you are interested in the role and would like an informal discussion call Mike Sedgwick