Senior Health & Safety Manager - Contractor - North London
Senior Health & Safety Manager
Bracken Recruitment are currently recruiting an experienced Senior Health & Safety Manager for one of our well-established Clients. This a really exciting opportunity where you will be responsible for a team of experienced Advisors covering the South East region on multi discipline Civils projects. Our Client is a well known Contractor with a fantastic reputation and an extremely strong order book moving forward. This would suit an ambitious individual with a strong track record of implementing safety procedures within a fast paced environment.
- Conduct regular formal site audits and carry out inspections as directed in the Safety Management system
- Communicate the findings of the audits to Site Management and Senior Management
- Assist in incident/accident investigation reporting and filing
- Providing strategic support to the business to improve the overall safety culture.
- Managing and mentoring a team of up to 8 Safety Advisors across the UK.
- Investigating and analysing incidents and identifying root causes
- Improving and influencing health and safety aspects of tender development and evaluation.
- Providing advice to Directors and Project Managers on safety performance and strategy.
- Visit each new project to assess all that processes are in place
- Provide up to date training and information to the workforce using appropriate training
- Communicating and promoting accident prevention and greater safety and health awareness.
- Supporting for pre-qualification and tendering processes.
- Must have at least 10 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience of managing a team of 8+ Safety Advisors
- The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication and organisational skills and be willing to work as part of a team.
- Strong report writing skills and the ability to solve problems