The Compliance Manager will work within a small team to ensure legal and regulatory compliance is maintained in a manner that helps maximize business opportunity. Regulatory compliance is paramount to the business and you will be responsible for ensuring that all activities meet our regulatory and industry obligations.
National Consumer Credit Business with strong market reputation.
This Client does not provide sponsorship.
• Assessment and oversight of compliance; development and implementation of compliance monitoring, testing and training initiatives
• Constructively challenge and contribute to the business planning process developing relevant strategies and lead the formulation of Compliance strategy, budgets, policies, and procedures, to support the organisational business strategy
• Consult proactively with management to set compliance policies and development of procedures interpreting change designed to achieve compliance with applicable laws and regulations
• Reports to management where necessary to keep abreast of steps taken and to ensure that concerns and recommendations are clearly articulated so that appropriate action can be taken on behalf of the business as necessary.
• Reports to the CEO and the Board where necessary to facilitate escalation of significant compliance issues
• Relationship management of regulatory bodies, FCA, Companies House, ICO and co-ordination of associated visits, reviews and documented responses.
• Act in the capacity of MLRO (CF11) to ensure a robust approach to responsibilities and management of the Organisations anti-money laundering and data protection policies and procedures.
• Provide compliance input into companywide projects and initiatives to help ensure new products, new business lines, new distribution channels and new processes are designed so as to ensure compliance.
• Design of monitoring programs to provide assurance that regulatory compliance requirements and potential conduct compliance risks have been identified and addressed. Ensuring that risks identified, and controls deployed to mitigate those risks, are consistent with Organisations’ wider risk appetite policy and framework.
• Identify emerging compliance risks by closely monitoring regulatory developments and internal and external business initiatives, including due diligence and integration, and evaluate the impact of business process changes necessitated by regulatory developments and other events, and consults with and advises management as to necessary business and corporate processes to promote day-to-day conduct compliance.
• Provision of MI and regulatory analysis to Board and other management forums as required
• Recruiting, developing and retaining talented people/skill sets to ensure appropriate succession plans are in place for function
• Ownership of day-to-day regulatory compliance issues and the handling of more complex regulatory compliance issues and non-routine inquiries by the Board and other stakeholders.
• To implement and manage the Data Protection framework and to keep up to date the Data Protection policies and procedures and to disseminate the new rules/regulations on Data Protection Act to staff.
- Significant experience in compliance professional discipline in a senior capacity
• Advanced degree and/or professional designation required (ICA)
• FCA approach to supervision.
• Compliance / regulatory / legal experience in financial services, consumer credit
• Excellent understanding of relevant FCA rules, FOS, Data Protection legislation Anti Financial Crime legislations and Bribery Act 2010
• In depth understanding of the financial services sector/consumer credit sector.
• Strongly analytical with excellent commercial and financial acumen
• Strong capability in strategic thinking and effective business planning with highly developed customer and market insight
• Well-developed leadership skills (both people and thought).
• High levels of drive, energy and personal commitment to success
• Ability to package and present ideas in a persuasive manner
• Ability to prioritise and manage multiple and complex projects simultaneously
• Strong influencing skills and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with all levels of management, regulators, and committees of the Board of Directors.