Role: Engineering Manager
At Ace Recruitment we specialise in the Waste Management and Recycling Sector. We offer bespoke waste management recruitment solutions and provide an excellent service for our candidates. Ace Recruitment offers a range of Waste management jobs and positions all the way up to Director level, not only for permanent positions but also for temporary waste management and contract jobs too.
A Waste Management and Recycling company specialising in municipal waste.
Purpose and Responsibilities
Our client is looking to recruit an Engineering Manager who will be required to work closely with Operations Managers, Fleet Compliance Managers, Project Managers, Fleet Engineers, and the Safety, Health and Environmental Managers and Advisors throughout the business. The post will also work closely with third party subcontractors.
The Engineering Manager will be accountable for the effective and continuous control of the sort line/plant provision against external and internal compliance requirements Technical Operations.
- Promoting vision and values to internal and external stakeholders.
- Providing Line Management and professional supervision of staff.
- Ensuring that all staff, including agency, receive induction and that all authorisation checks are conducted
- Ensuring that any additional equipment used is calibrated and certified when required.
- Taking appropriate action to remedy machinery defects.
- Implementing a daily and machinery inspection routine in line with corporate procedures.
- Five years’ experience in a similar transport, engineering, services, construction or other high risk industry.
- Good communication skills
- Good ability in the use of ‘word, excel and spread sheets’
- Ability to work under pressure
- Holder of a full EU Driving Licence
Candidates without the mentioned experience will not be considered for this position. Please read the specification carefully to avoid disappointment.
By applying for this position, the job seeker, authorise Ace Recruitment to represent you to clients and seek work on your behalf.
Due to a high volume of applications we can only make contact with successful applicants.