Finance Assistant - 12 month contract
Our interesting global client are looking for a full time Finance Assistant to work on a 12 month contract for projects they are working on.
Advanced Excel skills are required. Monday to Friday.
Liaising with Project Finance and Administrative Assistant to ensure consultant contract budgets are prepared and updated in a timely and accurate manner for contracts and reports.
- Recording expenditure on budgets.
- Supporting the programme manager in producing financial reports, forecasts and budgets for funder and internal use.
Carrying out analysis and reconciliation of financial data as required by the programme manager, finance team or country office project team(s).
Data preparation, transition support and maintenance for Microsoft Dynamics AX.
Liaising with suppliers to resolve queries, finalising purchase agreements, and ensuring suppliers are engaged in and informed by the purchase agreement management system.
Responding to queries from the Finance team on the processing, coding and validation of purchase invoices.
Reviewing and checking sales invoices and submitting them to the programme manager for approval.
Monitoring and reconciliation of purchase and sales monthly variance.
Creating, maintenance and correction of complex interlinked Excel templates.
Being a point of contact for support, information and assistance to consultants, clients and partners as well as dealing with any problems that arise in the course of the assignment.
Producing and maintaining project documents and templates as necessary.
Maintaining and updating the programme management systems and procedures handbooks.
Ensuring that project electronic, e-mail and paper files are established and maintained as necessary.
- A minimum of 3 years’ administration/finance experience, preferably in a business/commercial setting
- A high level of attention to detail
- Exceptional accuracy in working with numbers
- Advanced competency in spreadsheets and in use of Excel
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office programmes
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Flexibility in approach and positive working attitude
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
- Good communication skills including effective writing and confident telephone manner
- Enthusiasm for data organisation and creating user friendly experiences