Our client is an established highway maintenance business based in Weston-Super-Mare. Due to continued growth, our client is now recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join their UK operation, supporting customers throughout South England.
Quantity Surveyor Purpose:
To oversee the measurement and preparation of valuations with a view to maximising returns under the provisions of the Contract Conditions and Company procedures, driving the reduction of debt and costs.
Record, monitor and review the financial performance of contracts.
Secure payments from customers within the specified contract terms and manage both sub contractors payments & costs.
To ensure applications and/or invoices are submitted to the customer for payment in accordance with the contract in a timely manner.
To ensure all queries are dealt with promptly. Prepare reports and regional forecasts in line with company reporting processes.
To assist estimating team with the pricing of regional enquiries to secure work in line with the budget aspirations of the business and ensure the pricing basis is correct.
Quantity Surveyor Accountabilities:
- Manage all contract specification and contract documentation.
- Ensure all enquiries submitted punctually and are chased for relevant feedback.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the base pricing information for competitiveness and profitability.
- To submit accurate applications and/or invoices for payment in accordance with the contract using the invoice or application system.
- Prepare additional rates for submission to the customer and gain agreement.
- Management of subcontractors and their contract documentation.
- Ensuring client meetings are arranged and take place frequently to a timetable and agree prompt final accounts.
- Promptly deal with queries from the client and ensure payment is not held up.
- Analyse each contract for profitability monthly.
- Ensure Variation Instructions and additional works are notified to the customer and the customers agreement is sought.
- Ensure all contract turnover figures are reported to the finance manager in accordance with deadlines.
- Develop good working relationships with clients.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties or tasks as requested by management.
Quantity Surveyor Qualities & Experience:
- As a minimum, this position requires knowledge of general highway maintenance and to be familiar with NEC form of contracts.
- Have a working knowledge of Health and safety, environmental and quality information.
- Experience in Quantity Surveying within a relevant business environment and a valid CSCS card are required.
- Membership of a relevant professional body and/or relevant professional qualification.
- Knowledge and understanding of effective customer care.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills, be a team player and have good communication and computer skills particularly Excel and Word.
- Flexibility to work some evenings and occasional weekends.
- Prepared to travel across a large area to various customers as required to fulfil role.
Quantity Surveyor offering £30,000 - £35,000 Basic Salary plus Company Car, Laptop & Mobile for the successful candidate.
All successful candidates will be contacted within 5 days of application. Due to the volume of recent applications, if you do not receive a response within this timeframe please assume your application has been unsuccessful for the position of Quantity Surveyor.