Head of Security Architecture
Kind Consultancy is working with a global engineering firm who are market leaders across three continents. As part of their ongoing growth and success, they are now seeking a Head of Security Architecture to join one of their offices in the Coventry area.
As Head of Security Architecture, you will be reporting into the CISO and holding overall accountability for the global security architecture team, with key responsibilities including:
- Analysing internal, external and 3rd party applications for security fitness and policy conformance
- Carrying out security assessments of any planned or requested implementations against corporate security policies
- Managing the Security Architecture Team, developing their skills and experience
- Identifying and classifying risks based on security frameworks such as ISO27001, NIST 800-171 and defined IT architecture standards including Waterfall, Agile, Prince2, Togaf, Cloud architectures, DevOps processes
- Provides suggestions and guidance for any necessary remediation and tracks progress of implementation
- Contributes to business initiatives as an information security expert
- Provides guidance on proper security practices to staff across the business
- Pro-actively identifying potential security risks across all areas of the business, including technical implementations and business processes
For the Head of Security Architecture position, we’re looking to talk to candidates who have:
- Good knowledge of Hadoop, Looker, Python, PERL, modern storage (SAN, NAS, ESX, Netapp etc), assessment tools (Nessus, HP, Fortify, Web Inspect, Veracode, Wire shark, Fiddler, Kali Linux)
- Very strong working knowledge of application security best practices and tools, including OWASP methodologies and testing criteria and vulnerability and application scanning
- Extensive direct information security experience, with a focus on architecture, within a global IT environment with knowledge of the 10 security domains in ISO27001 and direct support of at least five of them (NIST)
- Experience of performing systems security architecture in a global commercial environment
- CISSP and ISSEP qualifications and a university degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
If you’re interested in the Head of Security Architecture opportunity and have the required skills and experience, please apply with an up to date CV today.