Our client is at the forefront of the niche manufacturing sector. They are currently looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to lead the procurement & commissioning of a new production line against a target deliverable and budget. Working closely with the Production & Engineering teams the role will include consideration for HSE practices, Quality of Product & Process efficiency. There is a strong possibility of further projects after the 6 month period, and even further opportunities to grow and develop with the business.
- Liaising with client departments, customers and other engineering and production colleagues;
- Arranging specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components;
- Identify and troubleshoot process, material, or equipment problems to minimize down time and recommend solutions to Production & Engineering.
- Monitoring and controlling maintenance costs
- Examining and tendering for new equipment to ensure the highest quality at the best price;
- Supervising sub-contractors and ensuring effective communication in order to avoid errors;
- Develop, assemble, procure or modify existing and new tooling, fixtures, and equipment to ensure efficient production methods.
- Assist with hands on training of manufacturing employees on new products, tooling, equipment and process revisions.
- Schedule, complete, and document routine maintenance on applicable manufacturing and test equipment.
- Read schematics, assembly drawings, data sheets, and process sheets to perform testing, build fixtures, checkout and trouble-shoot equipment.
- Perform tests, gather data, and write results/reports with assistance from Engineering,
- Promote and support Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement activities in Manufacturing.
- Install and validates equipment and processes in the production area to improve yield and/or reduce cycle time following the established validation procedure.
- Supports periodic volume increases through testing of production product following applicable processes and procedures.
- Carry out routine scheduled maintenance work and responding to equipment faults;
- Diagnosing breakdown problems;
- A self-starter who can work equally on their own or within a team.
- Target driven with good communication skills which will help deliver a plan in line with internal Customers and Sub-Contractors.
- HND or above in Mechanical & Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Ability to perform all assigned tasks, work independently, and complete work on schedule.
- Follow Production Manager & direction while displaying cooperative and positive behaviour with co-workers
- Basic understanding and ability to read prints and schematics including the use of CAD
- Background in practical electronics, electronic test equipment and troubleshooting
- Ability to develop and execute a detailed plan within an agreed time plan & budget.
- Working knowledge of computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong problem solving skills and efficient management of time and resources