Accounts Payable Assistant - Immediate Start
Accounts Payable Assistant
Ranked second in The Sunday Times Fast Track 100, Spabreaks.com is Europe’s leading seller of spa travel packages and holidays. We work with over 900 spa venues around the world and are growing rapidly. As a result we are on the lookout for a talented Accounts Payable Assistant to join our finance team.
Role to include, but not limited to:
As an Accounts Payable Assistant you will perform the day to day processing of accounts payable transactions to ensure that finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner.
- Receive and verify a high volume of invoices
- Verify that transactions comply with the financial policies and procedures
- Verify that invoices match the Booking System
- Prepare batches of invoices for data entry
- Prepare the payment run on a weekly basis
- Deal with supplier queries.
- Run the Aged Creditors on a weekly basis
- Data enter invoices for payments
- Process backup reports after data entry
- Manage the weekly BACS Payment
- Record all the payments and send weekly remittances
- Allocate payments into the suppliers accounts
- Maintain updated supplier files and file numbers
Required Skills / Experience:
- Sound Knowledge of accounts payable function - minimum 2 years experience
- Prior working knowledge of Sage 200 advantageous.
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel at intermediate or advanced level.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Bookkeeping skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Computer skills including the computerised accounting, spreadsheet and word processing programmes and email, at a highly professional level
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Ability to work well under pressure and be flexible
- Aware of the importance of confidentiality
What’s in it for you?
- Basic salary up to £25,000 per annum
- Pension Plan
- 22 days annual leave rising to 25 upon successful completion of 6 month probation
- Recommend a friend scheme up to £500pp/£1000pp(IT)
- Regular company social events
- Corporate gym discounts
- Pub concessions and office drinks receptions
- Personal Progression Plan
- Local discount scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
This is an immediate opportunity and we are looking for someone to join us in the next 2 weeks. To apply please apply directly to this advert with a copy of your CV and a brief cover note explaining why you feel you are suitable for the role.