Paralegal - Ealing
Hours of Work: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
Salary: £23,000 - £28,000 per annum
Kumon is a world-renowned supplementary education provider offering maths and English study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. There are currently over 70,000 students studying at 680 franchised study centres across the UK.
Kumon is currently looking for an experienced Paralegal with an in-depth knowledge of German law, to work 35 hours per week. Taking responsibility for all Kumon Europe and Africa ("KEA") legal matters relating, but not limited to, Franchise Agreements, commercial contracts, defending and issuing claims, Data Protection Compliance, Intellectual Property, Commercial Property, Child Protection and Safeguarding, Health and Safety and other ad hoc legal matters.
The role involves:
- Playing a key role in the development and international expansion of Kumon Europe and Africa Limited
- Developing and supporting projects to contribute to the international strategy
- Drafting, reviewing, amending and negotiating commercial contracts
- Drafting, reviewing, amending and implementing company policies and procedures
- Researching and advising on legal business compliance to ensure Kumon Europe and Africa Limited meets requirements in international expansion countries and throughout Germany
- Being the point of contact for the business where any legal questions and issues arise, providing sound commercial advice in line with the requirements of Kumon Europe and Africa Limited
- Being Deputy Designated Safeguarding Officer and supporting the development and implementation of Child Protection and Safeguarding policy and procedures
- Assisting with Health and Safety issues
- Some travel will be required
The successful candidate must have:
- Experience of drafting a variety of commercial contracts, including drafting without the use of precedents.
- An interest in Child Protection and Safeguarding (training can be provided if necessary)
- The ability to communicate positively and effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- A Law Degree (or bachelor’s degree and the CPE or PGDL) and the LPC
- Experience or knowledge of German law
- Experience working in-house
If you are interested in applying, please send a supporting cover letter and CV with your application. Please title you email - 'Application for Paralegal’
Please note all applications must meet the minimum criteria in order to be guaranteed an interview.
The HR department cannot be held responsible for non-receipt of applications as a result of loss of email services.