Assistant Accountant 3 roles available
Nobia UK is part of the Nobia Group, Europe`s leading kitchen specialist. On paper, they develop, manufacture and sell smart and attractive kitchens under their UK brand names (Magnet, Rixonway, Gower, Commodore and CIE) and also through twenty or so strong International brands. But what they really do is inspire people to realise their kitchen dreams.
This is an exciting time to join the Nobia business due to the creation of a new finance shared service centre in Darlington.
You will be working as part of the Transactional Accounting Centre team assisting in the monthly accounting process and year end reporting as well as maintaining the prime books of account for Nobia UK.
As the Assistant Accountant you will be supporting the finance teams within the business streams to ensure accurate and timely monthly reporting and ad hoc analysis as required.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Posting of required monthly journals to produce timely and relevant monthly accounts for Nobia UK Business Units including P&L lines, accruals, prepayments etc for centrally managed costs.
- Specific areas of responsibility will be rotated between the Assistant Accountants on a regular basis to provide development opportunities and job role cover.
Areas covered will include:
- Fixed assets.
- Property Costs (Rent, Rates Utiltiies).
- Staff related Costs (Payroll, Travel, Credit Cards, Mobile Phones etc).
- IT Department Costs.
- VAT Analysis.
- Timeley production of the monthly balance sheet reconciliations and resolution of reconciling items for area of responsibility.
- Being responsible for ensuring that accounting periods are opened and closed on all systems to company deadlines.
- Setting up new users, accounts and amending reports in the Company's financial systems.
- Liaising with auditors and other external stakeholders or statutory agencies.
- Supporting the Financial Controller in adhoc projects.
As the ideal candidate you will be AAT qualified or studying towards a professional qualification (ACCA or CIMA).
You will have advanced Excel skills up to Pivot Tables and Look- Ups and ideally knowledge of an ERP system (SAP or Oracle).