Lead PHP Developer (LAMP stack) - £65,000 to £80,000 - Central London

Recruiter
Franklin Bates
Location
London, South East England
Salary
65000.0000
Posted
16 Jun 2017
Closes
16 Jul 2017
Contract Type
Permanent
Hours
Full Time

Lead PHP Developer (LAMP stack) - £65,000 to £80,000 - Central London

A key position has become available with a global player within Business Intelligence and Big Data. Their culture is focused on developing people, so they only hire people who are keen to grow with them - their team is energetic and ambitious and you will spend 40% of your time coding in the LAMP stack and the other 60% will be spent leading your team.

This opportunity will give the successful candidates a chance to work directly with some of the UK’s most talented people in the market intelligence arena. It is exciting times within the business as they are re-architecting the tech stack into an automated, cloud based future (AWS). Building this new platform will have global ramifications so it is a really important process to be a part of!

Your role, is to Lead the PHP team, providing the backbone and main knowledge of all things PHP and LAMP in a collaborative, continuous development, BDD, Agile team. Your team will maintain and update the existing codebase, helping to develop new features and ensure the platform functions as expected. You will love coding, its more than just work to you. You enjoy the challenge. You enjoy pushing your skills to the limit and learning new ways of doing things. You're knowledgeable, but also approachable and work well mentoring a team.

Must have:

  • Extensive PHP programming skills - LAMP stack
  • Strong working knowledge of Symfony framework
  • Strong development skills (OOP) and wants to stay in a highly hands-on technical role
  • Tech leadership (coaching, training other developers)
  • Strong DevOps knowledge, ideally with good experience in AWS services and it would be great if the person has some experience migrating legacy applications to AWS.
  • Quality driven, must have very strong dev test knowledge including unit testing and BDD style testing
  • Exposure and the desire to work in an Agile environment (BDD/ Continuous Development)
  • Excellent communication skills both written and verbal

This position is offering between £65,000 and £80,000 depending on experience and is based in Central London.

If you are interested in this position please apply now and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

PHP / LAMP / Linux / Apache / MySQL / Agile / Symfony / Web / Cloud / AWS / Automation / DevOps / Re-Architecting / Business Intelligence / Big Data / Scrum / Central London