This role is to assess, handle, negotiate, and authorise premium settlement and claim recoveries ensuring successful resolution to these for Group where appropriate. The role also involves offering advice to Outwards Reinsurance Technicians.
The role involves contract assessment for all outwards reinsurance protecting them. This includes the technical assessment of coverage and policy conditions, terms of settlement, accounting requirements, claims assessment and recovery strategies for the successful resolution of these matters.
- To adjust own portfolio of reinsurance accounts in accordance with agreed authority limits and in line with reinsurance procedures.
- To ensure that all reinsurance contracts are adjusted in accordance with the appropriate terms and conditions.
- To ensure that premium adjustments, No Claim Bonuses, Profit Commissions are handled promptly, efficiently and within agreed terms.
- To submit and adjust reinsurance recoveries through to resolution.
- Assist on dispute resolution and raise any complex issues with the relevant manager.
- Liaise with brokers, co-insurers, reinsurers and Xchanging on reinsurance recovery related issues.
- To be responsible for the maintenance and usage of the workflow system and to ensure that the reinsurance records are accurate and up to date, in accordance with reinsurance
- When required provide input into future development and enhancements of the system.
- Work in conjunction with Claims staff, Reinsurance Operations Managers, representatives of the Underwriting teams, Finance, Risk and Treasury to ensure smooth operation of business and effective communication is in place through all areas of the business.