School Business Manager
Our client, a popular and successful community school, which is situated in a suburban town within the London Borough of Bexley, is now seeking to appoint a School Business Manager. Following a recent Ofsted inspection the school has been rated as good with outstanding features.
Do you have previous experience within a school setting? Or do you know someone who this might suit?
If so, Randstad Education has a great referral scheme.
Randstad Education offer competitive rates, and provide outstanding service.
But, most importantly we dedicate all of our time and effort in finding the perfect role for each individual.
If you have the required experience, please apply online now, or please spread the word!
Leadership and management
- To take the lead, and manage the school's financial and contractual systems
- Provision of management information to the Senior Management team and the Governing Body using the systems such as SIMS and FMS
- Develop systems for delegation of work, target-setting and monitoring of outcomes within the context of school Finance Service
- Negotiate and influence strategic final decision making within the school's Senior Leadership Team
- Maintain a strategic financial plan that will indicate the trends and requirements of the school development plan and will assist the forecast of future year budgets
- Identify additional finance and investments, appropriate for the school, taking account of risks and suitable providers
Statutory requirements and reporting
- Complete appropriate returns of information to statutory bodies such as EFA and DFE, receipt and processing of information returned from these statutory bodies
- Manage the preparation of the annual budget
- Prepare quarterly financial reports for Governors
- Be responsible for the management of the school budget. This is critical to the success and viability of the school
Systems and software
- To manage and review all current financial software and recommend alternatives where appropriate
- To implement training for any new financial software that is introduced
- Create and maintain databases, spread sheets and operate systems at the school such as SIMS and FMS
- To have an overview of the school's finance and information systems
- To maintain an overview of all school contracts and to manage the smooth renewal of these contracts
- Identify the types of skills, knowledge, experience and systems required to undertake existing and future planned activities
The successful candidate will have
- At least three years experience working in a busy school finance office
- Excellent knowledge of ICT including SIMS, FMS, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Sound knowledge of required reports for LA, DFE and Governors (desirable)
- Good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, whilst demonstrating a flexible approach
- Ability to work under pressure, role model resilience and ensure that deadlines are met
- Have a commitment to fulfilling the school's strategic intentions and sustaining excellence
- Contribute to the team effectiveness
- Embrace change, whilst demonstrating a positive attitude towards change
- Lead development
Randstad Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and require all applicants to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, together with an online registration and face to face interview with our friendly Randstad team.
Please apply ONLINE NOW!
We look forward to hearing from you.