Head Of Client Services - 12 month contract
An independent and international provider of insurance, professional and investment services. A leading investment and wealth manager for private and institutional clients. Sophisticated financial planning tools to demonstrate to our clients how their financial future might look. We then develop a clear and straightforward blueprint to help secure their financial objectives. This includes: cash management, investment management, tax efficient investment strategies, retirement planning, and inheritance tax planning.
The main purpose of the Head of Client Services is to support and manage the provision of a first class, professional service to the wealth management business by taking responsibility for the day to day Client Services function, ensuring all processes are completed in a timely and compliant manner.
Also to ensure relevant employees are properly trained and the team is structured to work effectively through adhering to procedures and regulations. To ensure that controls are well managed to guarantee data integrity and input, reduce risk and provide appropriate MI to Senior Management.
- Manage the day to day work flow for the Client Services team in an efficient and controlled manner in order to meet deadlines and SLA’s
- Monitor individual Client Service Executives (CSEs) workloads and liaise with relevant Consultants when required
- Act as the point of contact for escalated or complex issues within the Client Services team
- Ensure all identified breaches are notified to Senior Management promptly and to Compliance where required according to SLA. Promptly investigating and rectifying breaches raised, identify and implement remedial action to ensure no re occurrence. Take responsibility for identifying, recommending and implementing changes to procedures and controls to improve efficiency whilst ensuring compliance
- Develop and enhance procedures within the Client Services Team to improve efficiencies and compliance and act as liaison with Isle of Man Operations Manager
- Ensure adherence to internal procedures, controls and processes for all tasks and activities
- Maintain a high level of understanding of all department processes and procedures, systems and external regulations and developments
- Conduct annual and interim performance reviews, within the Company’s time-scales
- Agree and monitor holiday, sickness and any other form of absence from the office. Conduct return to work interviews when appropriate
- Prepare, manage, arrange and follow through training plans for direct reports
- Act as liaison with Marketing and Talisman to ensure the maintenance of client contractual documents (Client Booklet/Terms of Business, Engagement Letters, Mandates and CCQs)
- Involvement in project related work for the Client Services as appropriate
- Provide regular and ad-hoc MI.
- Develop professional relationships within and outside Client Services, including key stakeholders, such as Consultants, Para planners and the Operations team
- Be a point of contact for the team for dealing with queries raised by individuals within the team
- To perform other tasks and projects as assigned.
- Previous experience of a similar role within a wealth management, financial advice or financial services business - Essential
- Previous Line Management experience - Essential
- Business Operations experience and compliance environment - Essential
- Experience of wrapped products such as ISA’s, SIPPs and Bonds
- Good understanding of investment performance and reinvestments
- Anti-Money Laundering, including how to identify suspicious transactions/activities and how to report