@ Architect UK Ltd are a privately owned architectural practice based within walking distance of West Horndon station.
We work with well-known clients within the hospitality and retail sector, as well as working on residential and ad hoc projects.
The company is led by two Directors (RIBA and (MCIAT), our Technical team is managed by a Design Manager, we are currently recruiting for an experienced Architectural Technician.
Responsibilities as an Architectural Technician:
- Understand how the design aspects of a construction project influence and relate to performance and functional issues so that practical questions can be addressed at the outset;
- Contribute to planning applications and other regulatory application procedures
- Assess what surveys measured building surveys are required before work can commence and ensure such surveys are undertaken and their results are fed into the project;
- Develop project briefs and work on these as the project progresses;
- Prepare and present design proposals using computer-aided design (CAD) and other design software,
- Produce, analyse and advise on detailed specifications for suitable materials or processes to be used;
- Carry out design-stage risk assessments;
- Assist in the administering contracts.
- Manage the work of trainee technologists and contribute to the overall workflow.
- Obtain feedback from clients and people using the design, and report on the performance of the contractors and consultants.
- Appraise the performance of designs which are in use and produce maintenance management information.
- Follow client brand manuals to ensure compliance to design brief.
- Complete weekly invoice sheets to indicate completed works which can be invoiced.
Attributes we require:
- Leadership skills and a willingness to take on responsibility.
- Time management and ability to prioritise workloads.
- a logical and practical approach as well as an ability to solve problems.
- Attention to detail and design, and the ability to visualize objects in three dimensions.
Working hours are typically 9am to 6pm.