Part-time Support Worker - Bristol - 25 hours per week
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You`ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We`ll ask a lot of you - but you`ll get back so much more. With us, it`s never `just a job`.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.
That means listening to them, understanding what they like, and supporting them to make decisions and achieve the things they want to achieve.
We are looking for a passionate and lovely Support Worker to work in our Supported living service in Bristol on a part-time, contract basis. Supported Living supports people with a learning disability to live the life they choose and very much deserve.
Our service is situated in an easily accessible area of Bristol - Clifton. This welcoming home has a good rating with CQC as well as good quality management.
You would be involved with:
- Treating people with respect and involving them in their care
- Providing care, treatment and support that meets people's needs
- Caring for people safely and protecting them from harm
- Working in a team, which is absolutely essential
- You will be involved in exciting plans to develop the team to make them become even more cohesive
We support five fantastic individuals within this service - who love to go on active days out; such as going on trips and visiting castles. However, laid back days are also something they thoroughly enjoy! These chilled out days may consist of watching TV to going for meals out and visiting cafes locally to indulge in their favourite food or drink! To find out more about the people we support within this service and to help you answer our application questions, please click on the pink `Additional Information` button below to view our informative service specific One Page Profile.
The great thing about being a Support worker is that anyone can do it! All we ask for is for you to have a true passion for helping support people with a learning disability and to live by our five key values on a daily basis: Caring, Trustworthy, Positive, Challenging and Inclusive.
You must be able to work to a rota basis including mornings, afternoons, evenings and sleep ins. Payment for sleep ins is competitive and compliant with National Living Wage requirements. Shifts will be spread across the weekdays, weekends and bank holidays - therefore, full flexibility is required. A driver`s licence is desirable, however not essential.
By joining us in this admirable home, you will have the opportunity to make new friends and become inspired to be the very best that you can be, which will guide and help you to develop within your chosen career path. So, why not express how great you would be for this position by clicking on the `Apply` button below? You certainly won`t regret it!
Job reference: 8607
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract