PillTime is an exciting tech start-up company which dispenses prescriptions using a revolutionary medicine administration system from its online only pharmacy. PillTime are now looking for a Dispensing Assistant to join their expanding team with excellent career progression opportunities.
The role of Dispensing Assistant includes assisting in the preparation, dispensing and packaging of prescriptions, as well as assisting with stock control, ordering and re-stocking of the dispensary. The role will be well suited for someone who is a quick learner, and is able to adapt to manage any challenges that present themselves. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator across all levels, including team members and patients, as well as applying confidentiality when working with sensitive patient data. If you think this role would be suited to you, please apply today!
- Operation of efficient stock control appropriate to the needs of the dispensary with the objective of ensuring continuity of supply for patients and minimising wastage.
- Ensuring that drugs are received and stored in an appropriate manner in accordance with the manufacturers’ instructions.
- Ensuring that refrigerated items are stored at the appropriate temperature and maintaining the temperature control record/logbook.
- Cleaning work surfaces and shelving on a regular basis and ensuring that that all dispensary equipment is kept clean and kept in good working order.
- Maintaining full and accurate records of all dispensing transactions.
- Ensure Correct Exemption status is recorded for every patient.
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the dispensary.
- Using the computer to keep records up to date.
- Checking with GP’s or in patient records if concerned about the appropriateness of requests for medication.
- Dealing with queries from patients regarding their prescriptions.
- Assisting in stock checks.
- Providing cover for annual leave/sickness.
- Health and safety for self and others.
- NVQ 2 - desirable but not essential.
- Pharmacy dispensing experience.
- Team player.
- Positive and friendly attitude, willing to help others.
- Deal with queries in a professional, courteous and efficient way.
- Likes to work in a high energy environment.
- Accountable and dependable.