Attendance & Intervention Officer
Location: North Lambeth
Contract: Permanent contract
Start date: September 2017
Our client, an independent college in Lambeth is seeking to appoint an Attendance & Intervention Officer to start in September. The position is full-time (term-time only) and a permanent position.
The College is situated in a central location, in a new state-of-the-art building close to the river Thames. There are over 500 students, who are preparing for A-Level, BTEC (Level 3 & 4) and GCSE. The school forms part of a group of schools and colleges. Classes are small, enabling students and teachers to focus upon the most effective ways of learning. The College offers exceptional teaching, accommodation and resources.
The purpose of this Attendance & Intervention Officer role is to improve attendance through partnership with colleagues, parents and students, ensuring that the importance of good attendance is prominent and that students are challenged appropriately; administration of student attendance; administration of staff cover and general college administration.
The successful candidate is likely to have the following qualities:
* Ability to communicate tactfully on the telephone and in writing
* Methodical with a good attention to detail
* An understanding of the issues and problems that impact upon families which can generate difficulties and impact on attendance
* Have the ability to communicate, challenge and motivate young people
* The ability to work with autonomy, being self-confident and able to make balanced judgements when faced with difficult situations
* The ability to organise and prioritise a complex workload
* Communicate effectively verbally and in written form with colleagues and other agencies
* Previous experience of Outlook, Word, Excel and SIMS
* Have an understanding of the Child Protection and Safeguarding agenda
* Have a flexible approach to work
* Be emotionally resilient and able to work effectively in a challenging environment
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; the successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
To apply for this Attendance & Intervention Officer post, please send your up-to-date CV to Francesca at Connaught Education: , including your full name, address and contact details. We will consider interested candidates at the earliest possible time, and aim to respond to your application within 48 hours. The school reserves the right to appoint before the advertisement deadline.
Connaught Education is a trading brand of Connaught Resourcing and operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. We are committed to supporting the welfare of children and young people. In support of current Safeguarding legislation we will carry out background checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.