Private Equity Fund Controller
Alternative Asset Manager are seeking an experienced Private Equity Fund Accountant for it's London office. This is a newly created role in the Real Estate Private Equity team and is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Qualified Accountant with the relevant post qualified experience in funds.
You will be joining a team of existing qualified accountants and more junior colleagues in London and overseas. You will be expected to build strong working relationships across the European Real Estate operation (including with members of the Investment team).
The main responsibilities for this role are in Fund Operations and Portfolio Management. The financial reporting is outsourced and therefore you will have oversight of this function. This opportunity will also assist in Fund Raising.
Key duties include:
- Review and prepare capital call and distribution notices and cash allocation schedules
- Fund level cash monitoring; calculate fund reserves, monitor cash requirements
- Manage Fund level debt facility (drawdowns / repayments / monitoring availability / extensions)
- Review work performed by junior members of the Finance team to ensure they are preparing work efficiently and to a high standard. Review postings on the accounting system.
- Take responsibility for cash/ treasury management.
- Key role in the quarterly IRR projections process. Maintain fund models and produce sensitivity and scenario analysis for the Portfolio Managers.
- Assist with quarterly fund valuation process, including preparing the gross to net adjustments for real estate investments, and preparing a summary for senior management.
- Assist Deal team with Fund acquisitions / disposals / restructuring
- Monitor FX risk and implementation of appropriate hedging strategies. Assist with reviewing FX credit line ISDAs and CSAs.
Financial Reporting and other Investor Reporting
You will have excellent academics including a degree with a top tier university followed by a Qualification in ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA. You will have post qualified experience in Private Equity and/or Real Estate experience on the fund side. You must have strong financial analytical skills, Excel skills, excellent attention to detail and be enthusiastic and hardworking.