Temporary Works Designer/Engineer
Job Profile for Temporary Works Designer/Engineer - 00025393
I am currently recruiting for a well-established, leading Contractor based in St. Helens, Merseyside. This is an exciting opportunity for a Temporary Works Designer/Engineer to specialise within the Water and Wastewater sector, and many other areas within the Construction and Civil Engineering industry. The company currently have a growing workforce and now are on the lookout for a Temporary Works Designer/Engineer to add their expertise to the company's services, which offer design, construction through to commissioning, and specialist services.
The successful Temporary Works Designer will, ideally, possess over 5 years of experience within Temporary Works and Geotechnical Engineering. This opportunity will allow the individual to work alongside the Civil Design Team and be involved in designing permanent works in the future. Your role as a Temporary Works Engineer will involve works for a variety of schemes ranging from small to medium, working to the latest UK regulations and Company Codes of Practice.
The designer will be involved in winning work and providing technical support to tenders. It is envisaged that the successful individual will possess a degree or higher in Civil/Structural Engineering, or similar and have an excellent understanding of design principles, specifically within Groundworks and Temporary Works.
Temporary Works Designer/Engineer Position Overview
- Working on a variety of small to medium schemes.
- Adhering to codes of practice, UK regulations and company policies.
- Provide strong technical support to tenders.
- Assist in winning new business.
- Assess and design-out hazards where possible.
Temporary Works Designer/Engineer Position Requirements
- A BEng or MEng in Civil or Structural Engineering (construction related engineering degree will be considered).
- Excellent understanding of construction methodology and design principles (specifically within Groundworks and Temporary Works).
- Good knowledge of the erection, use and dismantle of Temporary Works, and its main functions in key industry sectors.
- Excellent team player.
Temporary Works Designer/Engineer Position Remuneration
- Salary: £25k - £32k.
- Holiday: to be negotiated at interview.
- Car allowance
- Other company benefits: to be confirmed at interview.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy