Circa £17,000 plus excellent benefits including pension, free onsite gym, free onsite parking and depot shopping membership card.
60 branches, a customer base of 100,000 retailers and a product line of over 25,000 items - Bestway is the largest independent food wholesaler in the UK. We’ve achieved our success by offering the best prices, service and choice to help retailers build their businesses.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and driven Admin Assistant to assist our Trading department in their day to day duties, this could include email liaison, appointment management, preparing orders to send to suppliers, communicating with sales reps aswell as stock control and supply liaison.
You will develop and take on further responsibilities over time, gaining fantastic exposure working with category managers and attending supplier meetings.
This is a fantastic and rare opportunity for someone who wants to develop their career with a company that is willing to provide structured development working alongside some of the most experienced buyers within the industry.
You will ideally have experience gained within a retailor wholesale background and be looking to progress your career to the next level, with our continued and on-going support and a structured development programme to follow we will help you do just that.
The successful candidate will:
- Work with the Category team to assist with day to day admin duties
- Review market pricing to ensure the business is competitive
- Collate promotional details
- Create purchase orders for routine replenishment
- Track the progress of incoming purchase orders making sure that suppliers adhere to deadlines
- Track the progress of outgoing orders to wholesale customers, liaising with our warehouse management to ensure smooth and timely dispatch
- Complete orders accurately, check realistic delivery dates, reflecting current product status, and communicate with the warehouse accordingly
- Attend team meetings and offer opinions on improving performance in all aspects of wholesale buying procedures and operations
- Demonstrate the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships and good communication with all the functions you will be in contact with
- Co-ordinate with the sales department
To take on this exciting opportunity you will have excellent communication skills, be enthusiastic about buying, be willing to learn new skills and have a passion for self-development.
At Bestway, we’re passionate about meeting our customers’ needs and working as a team to grow our business. So if you’re looking for an opportunity to make an impact on an ambitious company that’s built its way up from humble beginnings, you could be the sort of person we are looking for.
We offer an attractive benefits package including a salary commensurate with experience, annual leave, contributory pension, free on-site parking, free on-site gym and a Bestway Wholesale membership card allowing you to shop at all of our sites.