Management Accountant 12 month maternity cover
Haig&Co are excited to be working with one of the UK's newest and fastest growing utility businesses helping them to find an experienced Management Accountant to cover maternity leave.
Based in Birmingham, the role will be working alongside a delivery focused finance team for 12 months and will provide exposure to senior management.
Hands-on with varied responsibilities, this role will form a vital part of the day to day financial operations and you will be working alongside key stakeholders within the business.
Areas of Specific responsibility:
- Reporting to the Finance Manager
- Preparation of daily cash flow forecasting
- Big data manipulation; extrapolating the numbers and reporting results
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, working to tight deadlines
- Meticulous analysis of profitability and variance at a micro-level
- Identifying opportunities to recover revenue against contracts and ensure the contracts are achieving the Gross Margin expected
- Preparation of monthly VAT returns
- Daily reconciliation of ledgers, cash and debtors
- Assisting with preparation of statutory financial accounts and corporation tax returns
- Responsibility for notifying Finance of any variance against forecast in relation to revenue, cost, margin and delivery overhead
- Ensure information is available on time, analysing variances and ad hoc project based work and report accordingly
The ideal candidate can be from a range of backgrounds and does not need specific previous sector relevant experience although this would be a definite advantage.
- PQ / Finalist (CIMA/ACCA) professional or equivalent
- Experience of working within a SME environment
- Meticulous approach to work and able to report numbers in simple terms
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Drive to develop and enhance processes whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy and timelines
- Excellent working knowledge of advanced level Excel paramount
- Experience of Sage accounting software would be a distinct advantage
- Ability to build strong business relationships across several teams and levels
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
On offer is not only an attractive 12-month package but a highly rewarding opportunity to join a dynamic and well-established team.