Business Development Executive
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join an expanding business working as a Business Development Executive looking after the midlands market.
Our client are a leading drink service business in the UK, dedicated to providing a range of markets (Education, Care Homes, Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure) food of all variety's. The addition of a Business Development Executive will aid the business in further growth to obtain a wider market share across the Midlands.
The duties of the role involve the following:
- Balance the needs of customers and the best interests of the business in order to grow sales in the most beneficial way for our business
- Develop a number of existing accounts and revitalise sales in these accounts by giving them the focus they require in order to grow
- Prospect new business within key target geographical areas to grow distribution of the range
- Take full responsibility for the service delivered to customers and do all that is possible to alleviate any concerns or problems
- Continually develop expertise across all areas of the company's portfolio to ensure value can be added to the customer and in turn drive all potential sales
- Represent the business in a professional manner at all times both within the company and to the wider drinks industry environment
- Deliver great customer service by adding value to the customer's business. Every account is different so it is important to think open-mindedly about how best to do this in every specific account
- Develop strong working relationships with a broad network of people and business styles by keeping in touch regularly and following up on all that has been discussed and promised in order to gain respect as a reliable and good account manager
- Conduct training sessions and tailor them to the specific needs of customer's requirements
- Prospect new business in hotels and restaurants UK-wide through research to reveal all potential relevant opportunities for our business in these currently under-represented areas
- Balance the travelling element of the job with the administrative work needed to gain full benefit of meetings in order to maximise use of time and achieve best results for the business
Commercial and business acumen
Work towards achieving annual targets set on a number of key measurable objectives to achieve desired results for the business, these include:
- Turnover Target
- Margins Achieved
- New Business Target
Present monthly performance and update to the rest of the team at monthly sales meetings to highlight key wins and challenges and share full visibility of activity with colleagues.
Complete Pricing and Tendering in a strategic way for both existing and new accounts in order to increase business in a profitable and sustainable manner for the business.
Qualifications and Experience
Strong branded knowledge
Numerate and literate
Full UK Driving Licence
IT Literate- Excel, Word, Power Point
Good Presentation Skills
- Need to have on-trade client facing experience
Strong Organisational Skills
Self- motivated and results driven
Flexible, Reliable and Hardworking
Able to communicate well with others and strong interpersonal skills
This is a permanent role looking after the Midlands area, salary is dependant on experience, paying up to £30,000 with the opportunity to earn bonus on top of this.