BS4641: Quantity Surveyor
Salary:£35,000 - £45,000 plus Company Vehicle
A successful civil engineering and groundworks company is now looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join its team. Reporting to the Managing Quantity Surveyor, the Quantity Surveyor will be typically responsible for three sites, although this might vary.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Typically the works will involve Roads, Mains Drainage, Main Services, Lighting, Signage, Street Furniture, Substructures, Private Drainage, Domestic Services, Plot Externals, Estate Completions and other associated elements.
- In addition to working within the Quantity Surveyor department the role will demand close liaison with all other departments within the company
- Be a key member of a team working together to deliver profitable projects on program and in accordance with contract drawings & specification.
- Undertake all duties acting in the interests of the Company, maintaining commercial and operational efficiency, whilst at all times considering and protecting the relationships with its clients.
Qualifications / Experience:
- The candidate would be ideally qualified to HNC / HND / Degree standard with the minimum CSCS accreditation being the Manager’s Black Card. (Should the candidate not hold a CSCS to this accreditation we will assist in obtaining it subject to certain criteria being met.)
- Must be commercially aware
Have good communication and computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel.
Training will be provided for the Company’s various systems. including its bespoke costing software
A sound knowledge of the Sewers for Adoption Specification and NHBC requirements in respect to the Company’s activities is essential.
Applicants interested in this position, will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.