Technical Assistant Marine - London
Technical Assistant (Marine) - Permanent - London - Up to £37k plus benefits
The technical assistant will assist the Fleet Management in the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the vessels.
His / her duties shall include but is not limited to:
- Complying with the IMS and ISM code
- Dispatches all mails to the vessels and maintains records
- Controls all incoming mail and forwards it to the concerned superintendent
- Maintains storage of all routine electronic reports sent from the vessels
- Schedules appointments, meetings and travel itineraries and co-ordinates related arrangements
- Prepares and distributes minutes of meetings as required
- Prepares and distributes all technical summary reports requested by management
- Dispatch of certificates and chart corrections to vessels
- Prepares, controls, dispatch and maintains storage of all purchase orders and invoices
- Supervises arrangements of trainings courses for the superintendents and keeping accurate records
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Technically competent with various software programs, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc…
- Accurate and methodical
- Documentation skills
You MUST have the right to live and work in the UK to be considered.
If you are interested, or wish to apply, please contact Tom Settle on or send your CV to
Navis Consulting; Keeping your career on course.STR Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.