Mortgage Underwriter - London Lender - To £50k
The Underwriter’s main duties will include, but not be limited to, the following responsibilities:
Case management and third-party communication
- Responsibility and management of cases from point of valuation to completion, including liaising with solicitors, valuer’s and brokers;
- Management of broker and client communications following handover from Sales;
- Updating the management team on the status of cases on a regular basis
- Oversight of Underwriting Assistant’s work on transactions.
Transaction due diligence and risk assessment
- Borrower risk assessment, including assessment of client's background, credit reports and financial status, including affordability assessment where necessary;
- Property risk assessment, including of Security Properties including third party valuation, viability of development (if applicable), any issues raised in conveyancing and viability of borrowers exit proposal(s);
- Ensuring all transactions fit within the company’s Credit Policy and identifying changes where necessary;
- Identifying transaction risks and recommending appropriate mitigation where possible;
- Preparing summary reports of each loan for Credit Committee review.
The role will suit a mandated individual with a keen desire to develop in a challenging underwriter role. Interviews available immediately.