The client is looking for a bright, motivated individual, to initially join as an Analyst supporting the Financial Due Diligence (FDD) team, with the aim of developing focused due diligence skills through experience and increasingly participate in a more technical/senior role. This follows the successful growth in transactional business and other team members progressing into more senior roles in the team.
The client is a leading independent providers of investment management, accountancy, tax, corporate and financial advisory services to private clients, corporates, professional practices, and non-profit organisations. With 13 principal offices in the UK and Ireland, 1,600 people and an international capability in over 100 countries, their aim is to provide an innovative global service.
- To attend and contribute to client meetings.
- Analysis of historical and forecast income statements, cash flow statements and balance sheets.
- Sensitivity analysis considering potential upside and downside scenarios to the forecasts.
- To analyse, review and comment on historical and forecast trading results and trends.
- To contribute to the production of written reports within agreed timescales.
- Day-to-day contact with the client during the assignment, ensuring that they receive an efficient and proactive service.
- To utilise our data sources to research industry trends and comparable companies.
- To deal with client take-on processes, including relevant anti-money laundering compliance.
- To support with project work and any other miscellaneous tasks as instructed by the Partner.
- Delivering results and meeting client expectations
- Planning and organising, including managing a portfolio of work
- Following instructions and procedures
- Writing and reporting
- Coping with deadlines
- Commercial awareness
- Presenting and communicating information
- Coping with pressures and setbacks
- Educated to degree level
- Strong A Levels
- GCSE English and maths (or equivalent) at a minimum of grade B
- Business analysis experience gained within a professional services or boutique practice
- Basic understanding of financial reporting and accounting
- Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills - in the creation of our due diligence reports, a high competency in these formats is vital to provide a robust and creative output
- Must demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- To have a high level of general commercial awareness
- Within time, demonstrate a commitment to studying towards the ICAEW/CISI Corporate Finance Certificate and Diploma
Competitive Salary plus Benefits