Maths Teacher - 'Outstanding' Secondary School
A reputable and high-achieving secondary school with an 'Oustanding' rating from Ofsted is currently looking for a Maths Teacher to teach year groups 7 - 10, starting in September.
The role will suit a newly qualified Teacher (0 - 2 years experience) who is energetic and passionate about teaching. The school has very bright and well-behaved students and many of the students are expected to attend Russell Group universities.
The school will provide lots of support for new teachers and provide an excellent environment to teach the subject you love.
Maths Teacher - Responsibilities
- Provide inspiring and purposeful leadership for the students within a caring and secure environment
- Work in partnership with the Principal, Senior Leadership Team, Local Governing Body, Trust , staff, students and parents in generating the ethos and values which underpin the school enriched by mutual care and respect extending into the local community.
- Develop, use and apply subject expertise to secure appropriate and consistent progress for all students across the range of background and ability.
- Develop and apply a range of effective learning and teaching strategies to raise the achievement of students, maintaining an up to date knowledge of good practice in Learning and Teaching techniques.
- Make best use of all resources to support the attainment of students.
- Ensure that parents/carers and students are well informed about the curriculum, attainment and progress and about the contribution they can make in supporting their child’s learning.
- Other duties available on request
- PGCE qualification (recently qualified)
- QTS or working towards
- Passionate about the subject and teaching
- Excellent communicator with a positive attitude
- Good team player
MPS, based on the national teachers' pay scale, according to the number of years' teaching experience.
Start date: September 2017
If you fit the requirements please apply asap.